Last Updated: January 26th, 2021
Modification of Personal Data
Medixly wants to ensure that your data is accurate and up to date. If any of the information that you have provided to us changes, for example, if you change your email address, name or country, or if you wish to cancel your registration, please let us know. You may ask us, or we may ask you, to correct information you or we think is inaccurate, and you may also ask us to remove inaccurate information.
Definition of Terms
- “Non-Personal Information” means information that is not personally identifiable to you and that we automatically collect when you access our Platform. It may also include publicly available information that is shared between you and others. This information may include data such as your device’s IP address and location, operating system type and version, device name and version, language preferences, access time and dates, search results, and other statistics.
- “Personal Information” is defined under the BC PIPA as “information about an identifiable individual”. This means any personally identifiable Information unique to any person, including, but not limited to, information related to a person's name, medical records, business, addresses, health information, telephone numbers, social insurance number, driver's license, and other identifiers.
We receive and store any information you knowingly provide to us when you create an account, publish content, fill any online forms, order prescriptions or contact pharmacies on our platform. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of some of the features on our platform.
If you are uncertain about the information we collect or the information which are mandatory, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
By submitting your personal information, you consent to the use of that information as set out in this policy. You may withdraw your consent at any time by sending us an email at email@example.com.
“Minor” means a person under the age of majority in the jurisdiction where a dispensing pharmacy may be located or under the applicable laws of guiding this policy.
To use our Platform, you agree to be 18 years of age or the age of majority in some jurisdictions. Although we collect and process the personal information of our users, we do not collect or process information of minors. Persons above 13 years but less than 18 years may use our platform with additional consent and authorization from a parent or guardian. Therefore, our platform is not directed at persons under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with personal information without such a parent or guardian's consent, he or she should contact us immediately to withdraw consent. The use of this platform is void where prohibited by applicable law and we assume no responsibility or liability for any misrepresentation of age.
Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
We collect your personal information when you access and use our platform. This data includes:
- contact information (first and last names, age, and mailing address);
- account credentials (username, password, and email address);
- type of device used (operating system of the device, hardware version, settings, file, and software version) and device fingerprint;
- connection information (mobile operator, ISP, browser type, and IP address); and
- any other information that may identify you as a person.
We may use personal information for any of its business purposes, which include, and is not limited to, the following purposes:
- to operate and administer any account and/or offer the services available on our platform.
- to verify the identity of users or authority of representatives of registered pharmacies on our platform.
- to carry out or respond to requests, questions, or instructions from verified users or authorized representatives or other individuals according to the current security procedures.
- to audit related to a current interaction and concurrent transactions, including, but not limited to auditing compliance with this specification and other standards, and facilitate transactions on the platform.
- to detect security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity.
- to debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- for the marketing of products and services ancillary or related to the use of our platform.
- in connection with any sale, merger, or similar change of medixly’s business.
- to comply with any applicable laws, rules, or regulations in any country.
- to perform services on our behalf, including software hosting and cloud computing, user relationship management, email sending, logging, storing customer data, maintaining or servicing accounts, providing services, processing or fulfilling pharmacy orders and transactions, verifying customer information, providing financing, providing marketing services, providing analytic services, or providing similar services on behalf of the business.
- to undertake internal research for technological development and demonstration.
The personal information you provide to us (including any information provided if you register for an account) is collected and may be used for communicating with you, statistical analysis, the marketing by us of services to you, and research and development.
Some situations may override obtaining your consent. In such a situation, we are mandated to provide your personal information without your consent. Such circumstances are when there are instances of an emergency pertaining to a threat to life, security, or the health of a person, or in compliance with a government order or a court order. Also, we may provide your personal information when complying with legal or regulatory requirement of certain government agencies including but not limited to, Canada Revenue Agency (CRA), Canadian Radio-Television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC), Human Rights Commissions, Law Enforcements, and other related authority in Canada deemed necessary to request for such information. To understand your position with these agencies, kindly check out their privacy obligations.
We use the best physical and digital security system to store your data. We must respect the confidentiality of your personal data. The implementation of this system is to protect your information from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, or destruction.
To ensure the security of your information, we use the following methods: SSL Protocol, SET Protocol, Automatic backup, Digital Certificate, Username/Password, authorizations to access management, and Firewalls. Please note that the internet is not secure and no system involving the internet and the transmission of electronic data is 100% secure. Nevertheless, we take all reasonable efforts to safeguard and protect your information.
In the event of a breach that affects your personal data, you will be notified within a reasonable timeframe of such breach and the measures we took to rectify the breach. Note that, you may request at any time to access and delete your information with us
Retention of your Personal Information
Cookies and Web Beacons
- Geographical Information: When you use the application and website, we may use GPS technology (or other similar technology) to determine your current location to determine the city you are located in and display relevant data and gigs. We will not share your current location with other users or partners. If you do not want us to use your location for the purposes set forth above, you may manually enter your country and time zone during registration and deny a request to access the location from your browser.
- Automatic Information: We automatically receive information from your web browser or mobile device. This information includes the name of the website from which you entered our application, if any, as well as the name of the website to which you are headed when you leave our application. This information also includes the IP address of your computer/proxy server that you use to access the Internet, your Internet Website provider name, web browser type, type of mobile device, and computer operating system. We use all of this information to analyze trends among our Users to help improve this Platform.
- Log Data: Like many Website operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Platform (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, and the pages of our applications that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
Medixly may contain links to other websites and platforms that may be subject to less stringent privacy standards. We cannot assume any responsibility for the privacy practices, policies or actions of the third parties that operate these websites or platforms We are not responsible for how such third parties collect, use, store, or disclose your data. You should review the privacy policies of these websites before providing them with personal data.
Deletion of your Personal Data
To use our platform, you have to create an account. If you have an account on this platform, you can log in, access, modify or export your personal data or delete your account. We strive to protect your personal data from accidental or malicious destruction, so, we keep residual copies of your personal data for a momentarily period. The only exception to this is when you delete your account. Information deleted is unrecoverable after deletion unless the law stipulates otherwise.
You have the following rights to the processing of your personal information under relevant privacy laws:
- Access: You have the right to know whether we process personal information about you, and if we do, to access data we hold about you and certain information about how we use it and who we share it with. To obtain information and access to data held by you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Portability: You have the right to receive a subset of the personal information you provide us if we process it on the legal bases of our contract with you or with your consent in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and a right to request that we transfer such personal information to another party. If you wish for us to transfer the personal information to another party, please ensure you detail that party and note that we can only do so where it is technically feasible. We are not responsible for the security of personal information or its processing once received by the third party.
- Correction: You have the right to require us to correct any personal information held about you that is inaccurate and have incomplete data completed. Where you request a correction, please explain in detail why you believe the personal information we hold about you to be inaccurate or incomplete so that we can assess whether a correction is required. Please note that while we assess whether the personal information, we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you may exercise your right to restrict our processing of the applicable data as described below.
- Restriction of processing to storage only: You have a right to require us to stop processing the personal information we hold about you other than for storage purposes in the following circumstances:
- You believe the personal information is not accurate for the period it takes for us to verify whether the data is accurate;
- We wish to erase the personal information, but you want us to simply restrict the use of that data;
- We no longer need the personal information for the processing, but you require us to retain the data for the establishment, exercise, or defence of legal claims; or
- You have objected to us processing personal information we hold about you based on our legitimate interest and you wish us to stop processing the personal information while we determine whether there is an overriding interest in us retaining such personal information.
- Objection: You have the right to object to our processing of data about you and we will consider your request. Please provide us with detail as to your reasoning so that we can assess whether there is a compelling overriding interest in us continuing to process such data or we need to process it concerning legal claims.
- You also have the right, at any time, to object to our processing of data about you to send you marketing, including where we build profiles for such purposes and we will stop processing the data for that purpose.
- Choice/Opt-Out of Marketing Communications: You always have the opportunity to opt-out of our marketing communications with you or change your preferences by emailing us at email@example.com or by using the unsubscribe link (if any) found at the bottom of a marketing email to opt-out of receiving future emails. Some communications from us are considered transactional or service communications (for example, important account notifications and billing information), and your account(s) on our platform are provided to you upon the condition that you receive these communications from us. You must cancel your account(s) on our platform, as applicable, if you do not wish to receive any transactional or service communications. To cancel your account(s), please follow the instructions found in the terms of service for the applicable Service. You may still receive marketing communications from us even after you cancel your account unless you also opt-out of our marketing communications, as described above.
- Erasure: You may request that we erase the personal information we hold about you in the following circumstances:
- where you believe it is no longer necessary for us to hold the personal information;
- we are processing it based on your consent, and you wish to withdraw your consent;
- we are processing your data based on our legitimate interest and you object to such processing;
- you no longer wish us to use your data to send you marketing; or
- you believe we are unlawfully processing your data.
- Withdrawal of Consent: Where you have provided your consent to us processing your data, you can withdraw your consent at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.